New Executive Condominium @ Canberra MRT Station . Canberra EC by CDL
January 2020 Update: Brownstone is sold out. For the nearest EC with units available for sale, please see Parc Canberra EC.
The Brownstone EC is a new Executive Condominium that launched for booking recently. This Canberra EC is well sought after, as it is less than 3 minutes walk from the upcoming Canberra MRT station, to be ready just a year after the Brownstone EC completes, and is by a brand name developer, City Developments. In fact, it is the best selling of all the ECs currently.
The Brownstone EC is located at the corner of Canberra Drive, Canberra Lane, and Canberra Link, next to the future Canberra MRT station.
For an EC to be within 3 minutes walk of an MRT station is very rare. In fact only one other EC out of all the launches in the last 5 years has that distinction, The Esparina at Sengkang, that launched in 2010. There has been none so close since then.
In the private condominium market, the pricing between a condo within 5 minutes walk of an MRT station, and those further out, is about 25%. Take for example, North Park Residences just one train stop down, at Yishun MRT station. It is selling at around $1,350 PSF. Symphony Suites just 1km away, is averaging $1,050 PSF.
There won’t be such a big difference between the Brownstone EC and other new executive condominium prices. Which means that the upside potential when it completes its MOP and can be resold, could be greater.
Please register here to get a copy of the Brownstone EC Brochure, Floor Plans, Pricing and Latest Updates as soon as available.
The Brownstone EC . Canberra EC Location
- This Canberra EC lies within a mainly residential neighbourhood that, to date, is mainly private housing. The nearest condominiums include the low-rise Canberra Residences and The Nautical, and the landed residential Sembawang Springs Estate at Jalan Sendudok.
- One train stop up is Sun Plaza shopping centre at Sembawang MRT station. One stop down, will be North Point City, the biggest shopping mall in the North, which incorporates a community club, library, supermarket, banks, and huge range of shops & F&B outlets.
- Just 2km down Sembawang Road, within easy cycling distance, is the quiet, rustic, breezy charm of Sembawang Park and the beach.
- And yet, from Canberra MRT station to Orchard Road, is just a 27 minute train ride.
Why The Brownstone EC is a Good Investment
- 15 to 20% (ie. around $200K to $300K) cheaper than similar new private condominiums.
- First time buyers are eligible for up to $30,000 CPF housing grant.
- You do not pay any agent’s fee or commission.
- Historically of all residential property types, executive condos have achieved the most capital appreciation. Not only do they move in line with the general market, they also enjoy greater gain as they bridge the gap with prices of private condos from the 5th year onwards after the MOP (Minimum Occupation Period before you can sell or rent out).
- North Park Residences, one train stop down and also around 3 minutes walk from Yishun MRT station (albeit sheltered walking) launched to overwhelming response recently, at around $1350 PSF. Within a couple of weeks of the launch, it had already sold 50% of its 920 units. The Brownstone EC is priced at around $820 PSF. That’s a whopping $450 PSF discount at least.
- If you are one of the fortunate ones who qualify to buy an EC now, this Canberra EC makes a lot of sense. Just drop us a note below if you would like to know more, or to be kept updated.
SHOWFLAT VIEWING · E-APPLICATION
If you would like to be kept posted on all the Brownstone EC updates or register for showflat viewing, please email us here.